komalmikaelson

The Immortal Rules
Julie Kagawa
Tell the Wolves I'm Home: A Novel
Carol Rifka Brunt
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window - Kirsty Moseley Warning: This is more of an angry and frustrated rant than a proper review. Forewarned is forearmed.

Initial reaction after reading the book

What the hell did I just read? It has to be the crappiest, silliest, the most pathetic book I've EVER read. Urgh! It was like reading the diary entry of a 12 year old teenager obsessesd with her boyfriend, with no fucking priorities at all.

Oh, and just look at the average rating-4.11 Four point fucking one? Seriously people? Why would anyone even bother completing this book is beyond me. It made no fucking sense whatsoever. Just a random collection of bullshit by a whiny 12 5 year old. If this book had a personality, I'm pretty sure it would resemble Bella's stupidness and selfishness to a T.

The Characters
They were just vain, senseless humans creatures with a voracious appetite for sex. I mean, seriously, all everyone ever cared about was getting laid. Or making out. God, half of the fucking book is filled with description of people sucking each others' face. Or groping each other. Or betting on who can nail a boy first. Or flirting. Incessant, annoying, shameless flirting.

Really? Is that all teenagers are all about these days? It's humiliating.

Amber or Angel or Ambs or other shitload of names

I. Can't. Even.
Her characterisation was fucking dreadful. What person, after being sexually and physically abused by her father, no less, is completely comfortable with pervert boyfriend grabbing her butt every opportunity he gets. Or pushing his erection into her day in and day out?
She dresses provocatively, flirts with every other boy and glorifies in it, AFTER being sexually abused? Seriously?
It's like the author has no idea what an abused person goes through. She did pop in the issue once in a blue moon but all the gory, yes GORY details of making out, flirting and the romance overshadows pretty much everything. And when she did, I was either too irritated by Amber's dumbness or preoccupied with the latest stupid antic of the characters to pay much attention to it.

Liam

The supposedly perfect love interest. I don't even know where to start with this piece of shit. The boy, who is 18, is just too callow and naive. And why, oh why, doesn't he uses the girl's name? She has a fucking name for a fucking purpose. Oh, and the reason why he calls her Angel? This. Is. Ridiculous.

This takes place during Liam's 6th birthday party when Amber, four, walks in through the door for the first time

“He said in a deadly serious tone, ‘Momma, am I dead?’ And I said ‘no honey, you’re not dead’, and he shook his head, looking all confused about something. Then he pointed to you[Amber] dancing and said, ‘if I’m not dead, then why is there an Angel in our house?’”

Liam's character was...disturbing.

I struggled to watch her at her dance practice every Saturday, it was such a freaking turn on seeing her jumping around, shaking her ass. She honestly made my mouth water I wanted her so badly.

Is that normal? Your mouth watered? Really? What is she a can of Ben & Jerry's that you can devour?

Other characters
Don't really care about any other characters. Just sufficient to say everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, had the dying-to-get-laid disease.

The Writing

The writing was terrible and shoddy. The sentence construction dreadful. The dialogues awfully cheesy. The descriptions annoyingly excessive. The whole fucking book was abound with so many grammatical errors that it was like reading an essay written a child who has absolutely no idea what English is about. And the exclamation marks! Oh my god! Practically every sentence ended with an exclamation mark! It was so damn grating on the nerves!

Everyone in the entire book was either smirking, flirting or winking.

Doesn't anyone ever talk straight? The book had reached such ginormous levels of ridiculousness that after a while, I stopped following the plot line and instead guffawed at every scene that was meant to be oh-so-touching!

Conclusion
The romance is unrealistic and dripping in fucking cheese. And not the sweet sorta but the downright puke-worthy and eye-roll inducing cheese.
The characters are shallow and just plain dumb.
The plot was non-existent, or had been upto the part I had managed to cover.
The writing was horrifyingly bad.

You know, I never though I'd say this but this novel was even more brain-cells-damaging than Twilight. It's sad really what today's Young Adult literature encompass.